Hands On Treatments
Ayurveda's aim is to create and maintain balance in the body, mind and emotions in order to increase health and longevity. The main purpose of the bodywork is to calm the central nervous system and improve lymphatic functioning so that the body's natural healing energies are activated. Through the variety of hands on treatments available at MAHA, you will find one that helps you feel balanced, healthy, and whole.
Click here to request a treatment
Types of Ayurvedic Massage:
- Abhyanga: - a powerfully relaxing, warm oil massage with gentle to firm pressure and long fluid strokes to calm the body and mind $125 for a 60 minute treatment, $150 for a 75 minute treatment, $165 for a 90 minute treatment.
- Deep Cleanse: 60 minute abhyanga full body warm oil treatment followed by herbalized steam session for deep restoration and detoxification: 90 minutes $165
- Super Sinus SANS Treatment: Using warm oil and stimulating strokes on head, neck and shoulders, eucalyptus steam inhalation and ginger nasal drops for effective sinus relief.75- 90 minutes $165
- Scrub and Rub Garshna Vishesh: Invigorating whole body exfoliation with raw silk gloves followed by warm oil treatment using strong strokes to ease achy muscles and stimulate lymphatic flow concluding with steaming hot towels: 90 minutes $165
- Profound Relaxation: Full body 60 minute Abhyanga followed by shirodhara: 90 minutes $165
- Essential Oil Delight: Essential Oil Treatment: Spine and feet are annointed with a variety of essential oils. Using feathering and stronger strokes oils begin to penetrate the body and work their magic. This treatment is a sensual delight and is benefiical for spine misalignments and scoliosis, rejuvenation after a seasonal sickness, uplifting where there is depression or anxiety and much more.
- Thai Massage: A healing bodywork known for increasing flexibility, relaxation and energy flow.This is a Thai type of massage that involves stretching and deep massage. Thai massage is based on Ayurveda and yoga, it is an extraordinary method of aligning the energies of the body and originates from the time of the Buddha. 60 minutes $135, 90 minutes $185
- Deep Tissue Massage: 60 minutes $135, 90 minutes $185
Further details of treatments:
Abhyanga: - a powerfully relaxing, warm oil massage with gentle to firm pressure and long fluid strokes to calm the body and mind
Good for: insomnia, anxiety, restlessness, stress, overwork, dryness, exhaustion
Benefits: calms nervous system, increases lymphatic flow to aid detoxification, improves circulation, rejuvenates, balances Vata dosha
Garshana: Garshana - an invigorating dry massage with raw silk gloves stimulates the body's healing energies and prepares the skin to absorb herbalized oils
Good for: dry skin, sluggishness, lethargy
Benefits: exfoliates and rejuvenates skin, increases circulation of blood and lymphatic flow, aids in detoxification, energizes, uplifts, and balances all doshas
Vishesh: Vishesh - a vigorous rhythmic massage with warm oil and firm/deep pressure to remove adhesions in the muscle and connective tissue
Good for: muscle aches and pains, mental tension, stiff joints, sluggishness
Benefits: relaxes the body and mind, releases adhesions in muscle and connective tissue, improves circulation, joint mobility and lymphatic flow, warms the tissues, balances Kapha and Pitta doshas
Swedena: Swedna - an herbalized, full-body steam to cleanse excess heat and toxins from the tissues, performed on the massage table with a specialized tent; can stand alone or follow any of the bodywork treatments
Good for: heaviness, sluggishness, congestion, muscle aches, joint stiffness, certain skin conditions, heat intolerance.
Benefits: drains the lymphatic system for detoxification, cleanses the body and mind, revitalizes skin, relaxes muscles, balances all doshas.
SANS treatment: Shiro-Abhyanga-Nasya (SAN) - a vigorous massage for the head, neck, and shoulders followed by a eucalyptus steam and then ginger nasya(nasal) drops to clear out congestion of the sinuses and the lymphatics of the upper body
Good for: sinus and lung congestion, allergies, cloudy mind and senses, cough, cold, neck and shoulder tension, headaches.
Benefits: clears sinus congestion, opens breathing passages, aids in draining excess lymph, relaxes muscles, improves mental clarity and sense perception, balances Kapha dosha.e point to deeply relax
Shirodhara: a continuous stream of warm oil poured over the third eye area and forehead works directly on the central nervous system to quiet the mind and deeply relax the entire body
Good for: conditions of the nervous system, anxiety, insomnia, nervous conditions, headaches, stress, overwork, exhaustion, jaw pain, restless body and mind.
Benefits: relaxes muscles of the head, neck, and shoulders, calms the central nervous system,quiets the mind, may induce profound relaxation and deep states of meditation, balances Vata dosha.
Hands on Practitioners and Massage Therapists:
Jolie Parcher: Ayurvedic Warm Oil Treatments and Essential Oil Treatments and Ayurvedic Consultations:
In addition to being a yoga teacher and Ayurvedic Consultant, Jolie is trained as a practitioner of the Ayurvedic hands-on treatments and as a level I cranial sacral practitioner. For the past few years she has studied essential oils with David Crowe of Floracopeia and Master Jeffery Yuen.
At MAHA, Jolie specializes in hands-on warm oil treatments using essential and Ayurvedic herbal oils. Ayurvedic treatments are balancing, deeply soothing, and recharging. Each hands-on treatment includes the use of warm oils infused with specific herbs. The warmth and lubricating quality of the oils has a nurturing, grounding effect. In an Ayurvedic treatment with Jolie Parcher, warm oils are poured onto the body and spread out evenly. Oils may be rubbed with greater or less pressure depending on what your body needs to achieve balance.
Kimberley Larson and Terrel Broussard: Ayurvedic and Thai Massage every summer and about once a month throughout the year.
Both Kimberley and Terrel are much beloved for their intuitive and sensitive touch. Some of the treatments they offer throughout the summer season include: Ayurvedic Massage is an ancient treatment used for calming the mind, relieving muscular tension and cleansing the lymph system to aid in detoxification. This is a rhythmic massage using warm oils, the ultimate in rejuvenation!
"Jolie's warm oil Ayurvedic sessions are heaven on earth. Her strong, wise and comforting hands know exactly how to reawaken my energy centers and I walk out of MAHA, my body in a big smile and utterly at peace. Do yourself a favor and book several consecutive sessions and you'll find the feelings of well-being accrue."
- Kat Monahan
"Jolie Parcher is an East End treasure. Not only is she the owner and founder of Mandala Yoga in Amagansett but she is the real thing . She walks the walk and talks the talk. I booked a series of Ayurvedic body treatments and a private counseling session this Winter. I am a caregiver of a spouse with Parkinsons Disease and have had much too much on my plate recently. While I was mostly looking forward to some body pampering I received so much more. Jolie is wise and very accessible, within 2 sessions she was able to get me focused on what I needed to do to get my life working for me again. Her coconut oil body treatment will leave you feeling soothed, smooth and taken care of. I can't recommend Jolie enough!"
- Arlene Levin
"I have received Ayurvedic warm oil treatments multiple times from Jolie. Each time I am inspired by the beauty that is present in the composition of this type of massage. As a musician, I appreciate the way in which Jolie is able to take on all the intricacies of the sequence of motions with a soft confidence. I am also taken by the way in which a sequence of motions, which is the same each time, can bring about such varied experiences in my body. Jolie's ability to constantly support me, while gently holding the space for my body to release in the way it wants to, always leads to an amazing treatment."
- Steven Eaton
MAHA is also used by Marion Rohrbach, LMT: Therapeutic Massage and Neuromuscular Therapy
Marion Rohrbach, LMT: Therapeutic Massage and Neuromuscular Therapy Marion has been practicing massage, neuromuscular therapy, and movement therapy for over 16 years. Her holistic approach is a unique fusion of healing techniques drawn from her extensive experience. She is a licensed Massage Therapist, certified in Neuromuscular Therapy, Movement Analysis, and Shiatsu, and she has a degree in Dance/Movement Therapy. She has also studied Hanna Somatics, Kinetic Myofascial Mobilization, and Structural Therapy. Marion's treatments are designed to help alleviate neck and back pain, chronic tension, postural distortion, headaches, TMJ, frozen shoulder, tennis elbow, and other injuries. Contact Marion at 516-443-9930 or send her an email at
70 minutes for $130.
- Neuromuscular Therapy - This advanced manual therapy relieves specific chronic pain patterns like: neck and back pain, headaches, tennis elbow, sciatica, shoulder stiffness and TMJ.
- MAHA Massage - This integrative massage is profoundly relaxing eliminating stress and tension, enhancing circulation and rejuvenating body and mind
- Deep Tissue Body Work - This transformative massage technique releases deeply held patterns of tension, blocked energy and joint stiffness, great for yogis and athletes.
- Sole Survivor - This luxurious foot treatment blends reflexology, massage therapy, decompression and mobilization techniques to erase pain and fatigue and to invigorate and relax the whole body.